Posted by Bridezilla on 23 Jul, 2008
When it comes time for toasts, don’t be surprised if your maid of honor quotes a sickeningly sweet love sonnet written centuries ago. Try not to roll your eyes when she says, misty eyed and somber, “love means never having to say I’m sorry,” or “love conquers all.”
Since every wedding planning website has a directory of ho-hum love quotes, we compiled a list of quotes from fearless females. Use these quotes at your next all-female celebration. Put them in a basket and play “who said this?” at your bridal shower. Or add these saucy statements to your bachelorette party toasts. If you suffer from stage fright, put these quotes in personalized fortune cookies and give them to the ladies in your life at the rehearsal dinner.
These authors, artists, and leading ladies paved the way for bridezilla and made attitude the latest accessory. Enjoy! And feel free to comment with your own favorite quotes.
1. I will not retire while I’ve still got my legs and my make-up box. ~ Bette Davis
2. The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand
3. She must not swing her arms as though they were dangling ropes; she must not switch herself this way and that; she must not shout; and she must not, while wearing her bridal veil, smoke a cigarette. ~ Emily Post
4. I love being married. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. ~ Rita Rudner
5. You can always tell what kind of a person a man really thinks you are by the earrings he gives you. ~ Audrey Hepburn
6. Ask for what you want and be prepared to get it. ~ Maya Angelou
7. The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. ~Roseanne Barr
8. Only good girls keep diaries. Bad girls don’t have time ~Tallulah Bankhead
9. I have no regrets. I wouldn’t have lived my life the way I did if I was going to worry about what people were going to say. ~ Ingrid Bergman
10. Ever notice that Soup for One is eight aisles away from Party Mix? ~ Elayne Boosler
Read on for five more quotes from our favorite fearless females.
11. A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success. ~ Joyce Brothers
12. If you want to say it with flowers, a single rose says: “I’m cheap!” ~ Delta Burke
13. I never go out unless I look like Joan Crawford the movie star. If you want to see the girl next door, go next door. ~ Joan Crawford
14. To be a saint does not exclude fine dresses nor a beautiful house ~ Katherine Tynan Hinkson
15. I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. ~Zsa Zsa Gabor