Posted by Bridezilla on 27 Jul, 2009
When you and your soon-to-be were mere boyfriend and girlfriend, his mom couldn’t be more friendly. But once she saw that 3-carat ring on your finger, she turned from the sweet future mother-in-law to the monster m-i-l from hell (and several stereotypical romantic comedies).
This Newsweek article about mistakes Mother- and Daughter-In-Laws make made us wonder…is it us? Or them? Stay tuned for 12 signs it’s you!
12 signs you’re the big bad bridezilla daughter-in-law
- You conveniently forgot to call her on her birthday — every single year you’ve known her
- When she gave you her secret family recipes, you ripped them up and said “He has a new family now and won’t be needing these.”
- You roll your eyes so much when she’s around; they’re permanently stuck that way
- You write in your photographer’s contract that under no circumstances to let “that beast” into the wedding photos
- You refuse to leave her alone with her grown son, as if they’re going to plot murder in your absence
- You call her “the old bag” behind her back
- You “accidentally broke” that hideous serving tray she gave you
- You audibly snickered when she said, “welcome to the family”
- You won’t let her bad taste ruin the wedding. So you took the scissors to her mother-of-the-groom dress
- You tried to turn your other in-laws against her (as if that would ever work)
- You convinced your fiance that his own mother brainwashed him from the time he was born just to get out of family holidays
- You almost resorted to physical violence during a heated debate about whether your fiance should wear black socks with his white sneakers (never!)
The world is filled with malevolent mother in laws. But the world is also filled with hyper-defensive daughter-in-laws. For the sake of a smooth marriage, don’t be mean to your mother-in-law, unless she really is a monster – we’re talking to you, bridezilla Karee!